2015 National Postal Forum Presentations – Growing Together
Gain new insight into mail acceptance, addressing, preparation options and business intelligence solutions that ensure timely delivery. Learn how to achieve complete, correct and current addresses, and why it's important to leverage the latest in postal software and software returns codes that all software products provide.
- 360° Perspective of Address Ellement Correction (AEC)/AEC II (PPT)
- Demystifying UAA – Where did it come from? How can we fix it? (PPT)
- Growing a Great Address Quality
- Keeping it Simple: ACS™ Services – It's all in the Service Type ID (PPT)
- Leveraging the NCSC RIBBS Site – Understanding What's Available to You (PPT)
- Your Software is Talking, Are you Listening? (PPT)
At the 2015 National Postal Forum held in Anaheim, CA, May 17-20, Postal managers from the National Customer Support Center delivered the following presentations designed to help mailers understand:
- How to standardize, validate and update your addresses to avoid undeliverable mail.
- How AEC and AEC II® can correct addresses that CASS matching software cannot.
- How ensuring complete, correct, and current addresses, as well as optimal sortation of the mail are essential if you want to achieve maximum postage workshare discounts, ensure timely and predictable delivery of the mail, and optimize your overall mail preparation workflow.
- What are the common causes of Undeliverable-as-Addressed (UAA) mail, a basic understanding of Coding Accuracy Support System (CASS), National Change of Address (NCOALink®) and improper address collection that contributes to UAA mail.
- How the variety of Service Type IDs and new optional features and services that ACS offers help you direct the USPS on how you want your mail handled and what information you want back.