The NCOALink Product is a secure dataset of approximately 160 million permanent change-of-address (COA) records consisting of the names and addresses of individuals, families and businesses who have filed a change-of-address with the USPS®.
Developed with secure data store technology to increase security of postal customer data and protect the privacy of
this information, the NCOALink Product enables mailers to process mailing lists and update lists with new addresses prior to mailing. The NCOALink Product can be integrated into mailers’ in-house computer systems to provide services or use internally. The use of the NCOALink Product is only available through licenses from the USPS.
There are six (6) licensing categories.
- Interface Developer
- The NCOALink Software Developer License grants the right to develop an NCOALink interface for internal purposes and third parties.
- Initial License Fee: $6,175.00
- Annual License Fee: $1,200.00
- Interface Distributor
- The NCOALink Interface Distributor License grants Developers the right to distribute the NCOALink interface.
- Annual License Fee: $30,375.00*
- Full Service Provider (FSP)
- FSPs can provide services to unrelated third parties, which must be at least 51% of their NCOALink processing, and process no more than 49% of files internally. Additionally FSPs receive additional address quality tools at no additional charge, such as DPV®, LACSLink®, SuiteLink® and all upcoming “Link” products. FSPs receive 48 months of COA data on a weekly basis from the USPS via Electronic Product Fulfillment.
- Annual License Fee: $207,250.00*
- Limited Service Provider (LSP)
- LSPs can both provide services to third parties and use the product internally. LSPs receive 18 months of COA data on a weekly basis from the USPS via Electronic Product Fulfillment.
- Annual License Fee: $18,050.00*
- End User Mailer (EUM)
- EUMs may only use the NCOALink Product for processing internal house files. EUMs cannot process for any parent, subsidiary, affiliate or any related companies. Third party processing is prohibited. EUMs receive 18 months of COA data on a monthly basis from the USPS via Electronic Product Fulfillment.
- Annual License Fee: $9,040.00*
- NCOALink MPE Solution
- The NCOALink MPE solution is available to allow the use of NCOALink data on multiline optical character readers (MLOCR) to update and spray change-of-address information on mailpieces prior to submission to the USPS. The NCOALink MPE solution, which is similar to the FASTforward® system, can also be used on delivery point barcode sorters to identify, sort, and remove undeliverable-as-addressed (UAA) mail prior to submission to the USPS.
* The initial licensing year is prorated.
Once you have selected the appropriate licensing category, the next step is to complete the certification process.
The process includes the completion of the following documentation:
- Confidentiality Statement
- Self-Certification Statement
- Key Personnel Listing
- Web Access Request Form
- Security Documentation
- Site Security Review Worksheet
All of these documents are available on the RIBBS website. Upon completion of these documents, the appropriate license must be executed, including the payment of licensing fees.
If you have questions regarding the licensing and certification process, please call the Move Update Support Department at 1-800-589-5766.
NOTE: As a reminder, effective October 1, DVD fulfillment will cease and product updates must be retrieved through Electronic Product Fulfillment.