Service Standards were first published in January 2007 in accordance with requirements of the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006. Service Standards are updated quarterly to reflect changes in the processing, transportation, and delivery network.
Service Standards are officially defined as "A stated goal for service achievement for each mail class." A Service Standard represents the level of service that the USPS strives to provide to customers. These standards are considered to be one of the
- Originating Service Standards FY15 Qtr2 (EXCEL)
- Originating Service Standards FY15 Qtr2 (TXT)
- Destinating Service Standards FY15 Qtr2 (EXCEL)
- Destinating Service Standards FY15 Qtr2 (TXT)
- Destination Entry Service Standards FY15 Qtr2 (EXCEL)
- Destination Entry Service Standards FY15 Qtr2 (TXT)
- Priority Mail® Service Standards Exceptions FY15 Qtr2
(10.0 MB ZIP)
- Commercial ON Pairs FY15 Q2 (EXCEL)
- Commercial ON Pairs FY15 Q2 (TXT)
- Mail Entry Planning Guidelines (PDF)
- Service Standards Maps
[Market Dominant only] FY15 Qtr2
primary operational goals, or benchmark against which service performance is compared in various measurement systems.
Instructions to Download the Service Standards
- Right-click on a link and select Save Target As...
- Review where your file will be saved in the Save As window.
- Select the Save button to download the document to the location shown in the Save As window.
All data files will be updated each Postal quarter in the months of January, April, July and October.
First Class Presort mail, properly prepared and containerized, for local plants SCF service area, entered by applicable CET, will receive overnight service. The list of overnight pairs can be downloaded from the Important Links section above.
The Originating and Destinating data files [excel and text] will take a few minutes to open and/or download due to their large file size. Please be patient.
For your convenience, we have provided all data files as two different formats, MS Excel and fixed-length text.