The LACSLink Product is a secure dataset of converted addresses that primarily arise from the implementation of the 911 system, which commonly involves changing rural-style addresses to city-style addresses. The LACSLink Product also contains existing city-style addresses that have been renamed or renumbered.
The LACSLink Product:
- Reduces undeliverable mail by providing the most current address information for matches made to the LACSLink file.
- Lowers mailer costs by reducing the number of undeliverable and duplicate mailpieces by using the most current address information.
- Provides the opportunity for faster product/service marketing through accurate mail delivery.
Effective August 1, 2007, CASS Certified™ software requires use of both the LACSLink and DPV® products when processing address lists. This requirement ensures ZIP + 4® codes will be assigned only when the primary number of the address can be validated using the DPV Product and whether the input address reflects any applicable municipality address conversions.
There are three (3) licensing categories.
- Interface Developer
- The LACSLink Developer License grants the right to develop a LACSLink interface for internal purposes and third parties.
- Initial License Fee: $1,125.00 Annual License Fee: $350.00
- Interface Distributor
- The LACSLink Distribution License grants Developers the right to distribute the LACSLink interface and redistribute the LACSLink data.
- Annual License Fee (Interface Distribution): $1,325.00*
- NOTE: Interface Distribution fees are waived if Licensees are a distributor of CASS™ and NCOALink® Full Service Provider software.
- Annual License Fee (Data Distribution): $350.00*
- End User
- The LACSLink End User Agreement grants the right to use the LACSLink Product to update addresses and mailing lists both internally and for third parties. End Users may receive data fulfillment directly from the USPS®.
- Annual License Fee: $350.00*
- NOTE: End User fees are waived for NCOALink® Full Service Providers.
* The initial licensing year is prorated.
Once you have selected the appropriate licensing category, the next step is to complete the certification process. The process includes the completion of the following documentation:
- Confidentiality Statement
- Self-Certification Statement
- Key Personnel Listing
Upon completion of the certification documents, the appropriate license must be executed, including the payment of licensing fees.
If you have questions regarding the licensing and certification process, please call the Move Update Support Department at 1-800-589-5766.