Getting Started with Full-Service for Letters and Flats
Full-Service Intelligent Mail offers mailers elimination of permit fees, address correction and visibility and tracking of mailings. See the Full-Service Intelligent Mail Fact Sheet for more information.
Key Requirements for Full-Service
- Apply unique Intelligent Mail barcode (IMb) to each postcard, letter, and flat
- Apply unique Intelligent Mail tray barcode (IMtb) to trays and sacks
- Apply unique Intelligent Mail container barcode (IMcb) to placards for containers (i.e. pallets) when required
- Small volume mailings entered at a BMEU typically do not need an IMcb. See Using Container Placards for more information
- Submit postage statements and mailing documentation electronically
- Solutions are available for small, medium and large volume mailers
- Full-Service Vendor Summary List (PDF)
- Full-Service Certified MSPs / Mail Owner Information Sheet (PDF)
- Full-Service Intelligent Mail Fact Sheets
- Full-Service Intelligent Mail (PDF)
- Using Container Placards (PDF)
- By/For Relationship in Electronic Documentation (PDF)
- Identifying Mail Owners in eDoc (PDF)
- CRID & MID Acquisition (PDF)
- Commercial Mailing Software Solutions for Full-Service
- Full-Service Certification for Mailers
- Full-Service Certification Standards and Application Form (PDF)
- MSP Mail Owner Full-Service Template (Excel)
- Scoresheet (Excel)
- How to Submit Electronic Documentation
- How to Submit Mail.dat Files to PostalOne! (PDF)
- How to Submit Mail.XML Files to PostalOne! (PDF)
- Business Customer Gateway Information
- Access the Business Customer Gateway
Full-Service Mailing Solutions
1. Commercial Mailing Software
Mailing software vendors offer easy, ready-to-go solutions for preparing and submitting Full-Service mailings.
- Mail.dat® / Mail.XML™ – software solutions for mailers who wish to use software to prepare presort mailings, generate unique barcodes, and submit mailing information electronically to USPS.
- Postal Wizard – software solutions which allow mailers to presort mail and generate unique barcodes, but require the mailer to enter the postage statement information online via the online Postal Wizard tool.
- How to Submit Postage Statements via Postal Wizard (PDF) - coming soon
- To begin submitting statements, go to the Business Customer Gateway.
For a summary list of vendors that offer dynamic Full-Service solutions and have tested their software, reference the Full-Service Vendor Summary List.
For more detail on Commercial Mailing Software, see this RIBBS page.
2. Mail Service Providers (MSPs)
Offer a wide variety of services for Mail Owners
Talk to your MSP to learn more about the Full-Service solutions they offer
3. USPS Intelligent Mail for Small Business (IMsb) Tool
Online tool to help small business mailers (mailing less than 10,000 pieces per mailing) prepare Full-Service mailings with Intelligent Mail barcodes and tray labels. For more information, see this page on the Business Customer Gateway.