The Industry Engagement and Outreach team is committed to providing communication, interaction, and education for the mailing industry. We value our industry mailing partners and encourage you to take advantage of the following outreach and engagement opportunities--Consumer and Industry Affairs
Industry Resource Guide/USPS Area and HQ Contacts Guide
This guide is a tool to assist the Industry in navigating the Postal Service resources and contacts. It will be updated regularly.
FAST Escalation Procedures
The Facility Access and Shipment Tracking (FAST) system allows mailers to provide advance notification of drop shipment and Origin Entered mailings into postal facilities. FAST provides Mail Owners, Mail Preparers, and Schedulers enhanced visibility of their scheduled mailings at each facility.
- Mailers' Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) Open Session
The MTAC Open Session (formerly known as the USPS Leadership Forum for Stakeholders) is a quarterly meeting that provides an opportunity for a wide range of interested mailing industry stakeholders to hear about current initiatives and issues directly from the Postal Service's senior leadership. A USPS Stakeholders’ Reception immediately following the MTAC Open Session allows stakeholders and postal leaders, managers, and key staff to interact in a more relaxed environment. To receive an invitation to the Open Session and reception, please email IndustryFeedback@usps.gov.
MTAC Open Session Dates
- November 17, 2015
- January 12, 2016
July 12, 2016
November 1, 2016
- The National Postal Forum (NPF)
- The National Postal Forum is the ideal way to stay in sync with all the advances and trends that affect the rapidly progressing and changing mailing industry. It is the largest tradeshow of its kind.
- The 2016 National Postal Forum will be held March 20-23, 2016 at the Opryland Hotel & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
USPS Webinars and Workshops
Industry Alerts and Notices
- Industry Alert Archives
- Industry Alert email communications inform industry Stakeholders about important information regarding USPS webinars, promotions, products, and other news. To subscribe or unsubscribe from the Industry Alert mailing list, please contact IndustryAlert@usps.gov.
- Federal Register Notices
- Federal Register notices filed by the Product Classification department of the United States Postal Service are listed on the Postal Explorer website at pe.usps.com.
- Service Alerts
- USPS Service Alerts communicate information to consumers, small businesses and business mailers about postal facility service disruptions due to weather-related and other natural disasters or events. Service alerts are done in near real time.
Postal Leadership Organizational Chart
- Business Customer Gateway
- The Business Customer Gateway portal gives customers a single entry point for Postal Service® online business services. Options support Intelligent Mail® products and services, including PostalOne!, Facility Access and Shipment Tracking, Mailer IDs, eInduction and tracking.
- Postal Explorer
- Postal Explorer is a virtual library of postal information and tools designed for US Postal Service customers, business mailers, and employees. It puts a wealth of postal information for mailing and shipping Domestically, Internationally, and to APO/FPO/DPO destinations, at your fingertips in an easy-to-use format.
- Postal Customer Council (PCC)
- The PCC Program is a valuable resource for business mailers, large and small. Local PCCs serve as an open channel for USPS-to-business communication, providing information and best practices for achieving cost-effective and profitable mailings, education and training, as well as solving local challenges. Through regular business meetings, educational programs, vendor events, seminars and networking opportunities with other mailers and USPS executives, PCC members learn about the latest postal products and services that may help them grow their business.
- Area Focus Groups
- The Area Focus Groups serve as a vehicle for communications between customers and the Postal Service, advocating issues and supporting the needs of the First-Class, Periodicals and Standard Mail industries.
- Mailers Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC)
- The Postmaster General's Mailers' Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) is a venue for the United States Postal Service to share technical information with mailers and to receive their advice and recommendations on matters concerning mail-related products and services.
- Mail Preparation and Entry Steering Committee
- The Mail Preparation and Entry Steering Committee is a joint Industry/USPS workgroup established to review opportunities that will better align mail preparation and entry requirements in the current and future state.
Business Mail Training & Certifications
- Executive Mail Center Management Program
- Get hands-on experience with business mail functions, mail management, and supervisory techniques in the Executive Mail Center Management Program to learn the tools you need for Mail Design Professional certification. To register for classes visit the Business Mail Academy.
Mail Design Professional (MDP)
This course provides in depth training on postal standards related to designing letter and flat mail to facilitate processing on high-speed automated equipment while maximizing cost effectiveness and reducing processing delays.