The Industry Engagement and Outreach team is committed to providing communication, interaction, and education for the mailing industry. We value our industry mailing partners and encourage you to take advantage of the following outreach and engagement opportunities--Consumer and Industry Affairs
- Mailers' Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) Open Session
The MTAC Open Session (formerly known as the USPS Leadership Forum for Stakeholders) is a quarterly meeting that provides an opportunity for a wide range of interested mailing industry stakeholders to hear about current initiatives and issues directly from the Postal Service's senior leadership. A USPS Stakeholders’ Reception immediately following the MTAC Open Session allows stakeholders and postal leaders, managers, and key staff to interact in a more relaxed environment. To receive an invitation to the Open Session and reception, please email IndustryFeedback@usps.gov.
2014 MTAC Open Session Dates
Jan 14, 2014
May 20, 2014
Aug 19, 2014
Nov 18, 2014
- The National Postal Forum (NPF)
- The National Postal Forum is the ideal way to stay in sync with all the advances and trends that affect the rapidly progressing and changing mailing industry. It is the largest tradeshow of its kind. NPF 2014: March 16-19 at the Gaylord International, Washington, DC.
- PCC WEEK
- National PCC week provides local PCC audiences (small to medium sized businesses, non-profits, colleges/universities, and mail service providers) the opportunity to hear and interact with USPS officers and executives. Local PCCs organize workshops, presentations, and networking opportunities. National PCC Week: September 8-12, 2014.
USPS Webinars and Workshops
Industry Alerts and Notices
- Industry Alert Archives
- Industry Alert email communications inform industry Stakeholders about important information regarding USPS webinars, promotions, products, and other news. To subscribe or unsubscribe from the Industry Alert mailing list, please contact IndustryAlert@usps.gov.
- Federal Register Notices
- Federal Register notices filed by the Mailing Standards Department of the United States Postal Service are listed on the Postal Explorer website.
- Service Alerts
- USPS Service Alerts communicate information to consumers, small businesses and business mailers about postal facility service disruptions due to weather-related and other natural disasters or events. Service alerts are done in near real time.
- Business Customer Gateway
- The Business Customer Gateway portal gives customers a single entry point for Postal Service® online business services. Options support Intelligent Mail® products and services, including PostalOne!, Facility Access and Shipment Tracking, Mailer IDs, eInduction and tracking.
- Postal Explorer
- Postal Explorer is an online library of information about mailing requirements designed for business mailers. It includes electronic versions of the Domestic Mail Manual (DMM) and the International Mail Manual (IMM), related publications, price calculators, zone charts, and postage statements.
- Postal Customer Council (PCC)
- The PCC Program is a valuable resource for business mailers, large and small. Local PCCs serve as an open channel for USPS-to-business communication, providing information and best practices for achieving cost-effective and profitable mailings, education and training, as well as solving local challenges. Through regular business meetings, educational programs, vendor events, seminars and networking opportunities with other mailers and USPS executives, PCC members learn about the latest postal products and services that may help them grow their business.
- Area Focus Groups
- The Area Focus Groups serve as a vehicle for communications between customers and the Postal Service, advocating issues and supporting the needs of the First-Class, Periodicals and Standard Mail industries.
- Mailers Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC)
- The Postmaster General's Mailers' Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) is a venue for the United States Postal Service to share technical information with mailers and to receive their advice and recommendations on matters concerning mail-related products and services.
- Mail Preparation and Entry Steering Committee
- The Mail Preparation and Entry Steering Committee is a joint Industry/USPS workgroup established to review opportunities that will better align mail preparation and entry requirements in the current and future state.
- Remittance Mail Advisory Committee (RMAC)
- The RMAC is comprised of remittance industry and Postal Service representatives, who work collaboratively to provide recommendations for improving mail processing performance and consistency, as well as meeting emerging needs in the remittance industry.
Business Mail Training & Certifications
- Executive Mail Center Management Program
- Get hands-on experience with business mail functions, mail management, and supervisory techniques in the Executive Mail Center Management Program to learn the tools you need for Mail Design Professional certification. To register for classes visit the Business Mail Academy.
Standard Mail DSCF Load Leveling Final Rule Published in the Federal Register
The Postal Service has released its Federal Register final rule revising the service standards for Standard Mail that is eligible for Destination Sectional Center Facility (DSCF) rates. These changes will allow a more balanced distribution of DSCF Standard Mail across delivery days. With its new rules, USPS is extending delivery expectation to four days for mail entered on Friday and Saturday. The effective date is April 10, 2014.
January 2014 Price Change Fact Sheets
Getting Started with Full-Service Intelligent Mail
PostalOne! Contingency Plan
For mailers unable to submit electronic information, click here for the PostalOne! Contingency Plan.