The United States Postal Service National Customer Support Center (NCSC) located in Memphis, TN is currently working with local county and municipal addressing authorities to improve address quality in both our databases by resolving addresses that differ
and reviewing congressional and county code differences. This project, referred to as the County Project, has great benefits:
- The service is free. County addressing authority may submit their file up to once a year at no cost.
- Identifies "No match" address records that do not match the Address Management System (AMS) database.
- Identifies congressional district variance records which provide the opportunity to identify specific records where the congressional district requires review by both the addressing authority and the USPS for possible correction.
- Identifies county variance records which provide the opportunity to identify specific records where the county data requires review by both the addressing authority and the USPS for possible correction.
- Returns all matched addresses in USPS standardized address format including the ZIP+4 ultimately reducing the mailing costs associated with Undeliverable-As-Addressed (UAA) mail.
- County addressing authority completes PS Form 5118, County Project Web Access Request Form, and faxes to the NCSC.
- NCSC confirms requester as official local addressing authority with local AMS office.
- NCSC processes approved applications and notifies requester.
- County submits file on CD/DVD media via U.S. Mail or sends encrypted file via email.
- NCSC sends email notification when process is complete with encrypted file as an attachment.
Processed files will contain the following:
- Matched, standardized addresses
- No Match list
- Congressional variances
- County variances
- Missing and Invalid Secondary files
Send completed PS Form 5118 to NCSC for processing. When notified of application approval, send your file to NCSC for processing. The County Project SOP link located above under Important Links provides step by steps instructions for this process.